1. Farmer’s Market – Kick off your day at the Washington County Farmer’s Market! The market is the headquarters for the Home Grown Farm Tour where information will be available all day. The market provides the area with locally grown fresh fruits, vegetables, plants, jams, jellies, breads and other goods throughout the summer. Take a stroll through the vendor booths and talk to the farmers who grow your food! Open Saturday from 7:00 am to sellout.
2. Mesabi Farm – This locally owned and operated family farm is located just south of Mineral Point, MO. Their mission is to provide “beyond-organic," pasture-raised, and antibiotic- hormone, pesticide and herbicide-free meats to our local community and surrounding areas. Mesabi Farm utilizes intensive rotational grazing with cows, sheep, goats, and chickens for natural pasture management. Their products currently include pastured eggs, whole chickens, lamb and woodland pork. Open Saturday from 10:00 am to 4:00 pm.
3. Saddle Club – Since the 1950s, the Washington County Saddle Club has promoted equestrian sportsmanship by hosting horse shows, horse related clinics and other opportunities for the horse lover and the general public. They will host two events on Saturday. At 1:00 pm there will be an old-fashioned team pulling contest. At 7:00 pm there will be a North Central barrel race. The "Cook Shack" will be open for both events. Nothing better than a saddle club burger locally grown and processed with all the fixins. Eat there or get it to go.
4. The Country Corner Antiques &
Florist – Stroll down memory lane as you view the handpicked antiques. Find thousands of home grown mums in the outdoor garden and also a greenhouse with other plants, wreaths, birdhouses, lawn and garden decorations. Sample our smooth and creamy premium hand-made fudge. Mouthwatering fudge flavors include chocolate, cappuccino, strawberry cheesecake and more. Browse our gift shop to find that unique gift or souvenir for all ages. Candles, jewelry, accessories, home decor, kid's novelties and much more. Open Saturday from 9:00 am to 4:00 pm.
5. Sayersbrook Bison Ranch – Take an extraordinary tour of the 2500-acre bison ranch at either 10:00 am or 3:00 pm on Saturday. There will be food available for purchase after 11:30. Tours are $12.50 for adults and $6.50 for children under 12. Take a free drive through and visit the Country Store, the Pavilion at Lake SayersBrook, and view the bison in the pastures. The Country Store has all cuts of frozen bison meat, souvenirs and gifts. It will open at 9:00 am on Saturday.
6. Edg-Clif Farms & Vineyard – Once a world renowned Cattle Ranch, Edg-Clif Farms & Vineyard are now proud to produce some of Missouri's best wines. This authentic historic farm complete with vintage barns sits high above the Fourche a Renault River Valley in the rolling hills of the Ozark Mountains. Tour the beautiful organic vegetable and flower gardens on the way to the vineyards! Experience a unique vineyard and farm where anyone who visits can become a ‘Grape Friend.’ Tours will include the winery and vineyard. Edg-Clif will be open from 10:00 am to 5:00 pm on Saturday. The last tour will begin at 3:00 pm. A lamb from Shepard’s Crook Dairy will be on hand for petting and we will also feature custom wood products handcrafted by John Stevens, “From the Heartwood.” Public Restrooms available.
7. Misty Glen Farm – Step back in time and milk a cow the old-fashioned way at 4:00 pm! Take a walk through Carl Wilson’s high tunnel greenhouse. This is truly an authentic country experience! Open from 10:00 am to 5:30 pm.
8. Farmhouse 1807 – When you first pull up to the Farmhouse 1807, you find a 19th century general store filled with folk art, antiques and birdhouses. Handmade sweaters, scarves and hats made from sheep’s wool, hand-spun from their flock. Homegrown spices and seasonal veggies… But the real attraction of the Farmhouse 1807 is Rick and Virginia, the owners. They actually live in the Farmhouse 1807. In many ways, the old house is just as it was 200 years ago. Rick and Virginia sell their original designs at shows all over the country and they were featured in Country Living Magazine. Fresh produce will also be available for purchase. Open Saturday from 9:00 am to 5:00 pm.
9. Forshana Farm – Know your farmer, know your food. Come visit Forshana Farm, growing a wide variety of vegetables, herbs, flowers and plants. We market our produce at the Washington County Farmers Market. We use sustainable farming practices such as composting, green manures, and integrated pest management. Fresh, seasonal produce will be for sale Saturday from 9:00 am to 5:00 pm.
10. Brook-Cherith Farm – Receive the experience of a small family farm at Brook-Cherith. Our desire is to play a small role in facilitating the revitalization of the local family farm. Check out our garden, honeybee hives, the pigpen, the dairy cow, and our pasture raised chickens. At the end of your tour with Brook Cherith Farm, enjoy some homemade raw milk ice cream! Open Saturday from 10:00 am to 4:00 pm.