1. Farmer’s Market – Kick off your day at the Washington County Farmer’s Market! The market is the headquarters for the Home Grown Farm Tour where information will be available all day. The market provides the area with locally grown fresh fruits, vegetables, plants, jams, jellies, breads and other goods throughout the summer. Take a stroll through the vendor booths and talk to the farmers who grow your food! Open Saturday from 8:00 am to 2:00 pm or sellout. This year there will be demonstrations thorough the day including: weaving, spinning, knitting and quilting. Click here for Google map. Behind the County Courthouse at 102 N. Missouri Street, Potosi.
2. The Country Corner Antiques & Florist – Step back in time when you visit The Country Corner, featuring hand picked antiques. You can also browse our gift shop to find modern and unique gifts, jewelry, accessories, home décor, candles, children’s novelties and much more. Sample our freshly made fudge or pick up a snack and cold beverage. You will see our homegrown mums in the outdoor mum garden. Check out the greenhouse with plants, birdhouses, lawn and garden decorations. Meet our baby goats and sample some of the goats milk products, lotions and more. We are located next to the Lion’s Club Fairgrounds. Lots of parking! 10052 W. State Hwy. 8, Potosi
3. Edg-Clif Farms & Vineyard – A third generation farm that has been repurposed as a vineyard and winery. Enjoy the vintage buildings and beautiful organic vegetable and flower garden adjacent to the vineyards! Edg-Clif chambourcin grape vines produce some of the best Missouri wines. Wine tastings and tours of vineyards and winery. Snacks and restrooms available. Edg-Clif will be open from 10:00 am to 4:00 pm for tour on Saturday. Tours will be held at 10:30, 12:30 & 3:00 pm. Regular hours are 11:00 am to 5:00 pm Saturday, Sunday and holiday Mondays. Open Fridays from 2:00 - 7:00pm during the summer. 10035 Edg-Clif Drive, Potosi.
4. Triangle Y Ranch at Trout Lodge - One of the most unique aspects of a trip to Trout Lodge or Camp Lakewood is our working horse ranch. Don't miss the opportunity for a new adventure on horseback! Trails are designed to delight both the first-time rider and the experienced horseman. We have over 30 horses as well as professional full-time wranglers. Come join in on all the equestrian fun at the Triangle Y Ranch at Trout Lodge and Camp Lakewood. Both pony rides and trail rides will be available to the public on the day of the Home Grown Farm Tour. There are no appointments necessary for the pony rides, however please call ahead of time to schedule your trail ride.Pony rides will be offered from 9 AM to 4 PM. The fee for the pony ride is 5.00, which does include a complimentary cowboy hat for the rider. The rider must be under 10 years old and accompanied by an adult (someone who is 18+).The weight limit of the pony rider is limited to 150 lbs. No double riders, please. Trail Rides are available for children ages 7+ and 44" tall who are accompanied by an adult. All trail rides must be scheduled prior to arrival, call (573) 438-2154 ext. 190. Should you be interested in any other activities on the property please visit guest services at Trout Lodge to purchase a day pass. Click here for Google map. 13528 State Hwy AA, Potosi, MO 63664
5. Hill Family Farm – The Hills have owned this farm since 1996. They have a large vegetable garden and two jersey cows named Buttercup and Rosalie. They both became mamas this year and their calves are Isabelle and Bella. You can purchase milk and eggs from but please bring your own glass jar. Dave will give a milking demonstration at 3:00pm. The Hills provide the milk for some of the cheeses that will be sampled at the Field Dinner. Click here for Google map. 10154 Younker Road, Potosi (First farm on your right.)
6. Brook-Cherith Farm – Receive the experience of a small family farm at Brook-Cherith. Our desire is to play a small role in facilitating the revitalization of the local family farm. Check out our garden, honey-bee hives, the pig pen, the dairy cow, and our pasture raised chickens. At the end of your tour with Brook Cherith Farm, enjoy some homemade raw milk ice-cream! Click here for map. 14074 State Hwy U, Mineral Point.
7. Big River Alpacas – We are a small alpaca farm dedicated to raising happy, healthy alpacas! The animals are used to getting a lot of individualized attention, so they love to take treats from your hands. They are also used to kids because there is always a grandchild somewhere in the pasture, so bring the little ones for a fun filled farm experience! We also sell clothing and items made of their fiber at the farm and also online. Alpaca is a very nice fiber that is warmer than wool, as soft as cashmere and hypoallergenic. Open Saturday from 10:00 am to 5:00 pm. 10622 Calico Rd. Fletcher
9. Sacred Fire Farms is nestled in the foothills of the Ozarks on 35 acres. This century farm has two natural springs and a creek and is the home of Michael and Nancy Herold. The homestead founded by Nancy Herold's great great grandmother was Cherokee. When her mother came into possession of the farm, Nancy and her husband Michael returned to help clean up, repair and build living quarters. As transplanted urbanites, Michael and Nancy Herold knew little about farming, but they did know about art and teaching. As former owners of an art gallery and custom frame shop, they opted for an agritourism model that is themed around art, music, sustainable living and personal development. They hung out the farms shingle as a spiritual artist retreat, repurposing buildings and lumber well over 100 years old and giving them new life and use.12804 State Hwy W., Bourbon, MO 65441 Ph (573) 732-5053. Take Highway 185 northwest towards Sullivan for approximately 16 miles, turn left onto Highway N for approximately 6.5 miles, turn left onto Highway W for approximately 2.8 miles, driveway for the farm will be on your right.
10. Food Train Farmer’s Market in Caledonia is a non-profit organization focusing on bringing local foods to rural areas and into local schools. Their mission is focusing on improving nutrition in local schools menus through a farm to school program, farmers market, community garden, and school gardens. The indoor & outdoor market is open Fridays from 1:00 to 6:00 pm & Saturdays from 10:00 am to 5:00 pm. Click here for Google Map. Caledonia Park, Webster Road at Hwy 21, Caledonia
11. Farmhouse 1807 is named for the 207 year old farmhouse still standing proudly on the original farmland. See sheep and alpacas graising in the field. Browse the General Store filled with antiques, wood items and architectural birdhouses. Meet Rick and Virginia, the artists in residence and members of American Craftsman, have both been featured in Country Living Magazine. Attend on e of the talks by Linda Tanner, Carl Wilson, Ethel Hickey, Colleen Smith and Virginia Lichance, starting at 10:30 and each hour all day. Walk the grounds, shop the store or the different vendors. Take home fresh baked goods and veggies while they last! Open Saturday 10:00 am to 4:00 pm. Click here for Google map. 20637 S. Route 21, Caledonia. 573-315-0257
12. Rowe Crop Farm Corn Maze In Caledonia, MO is hosting their second annual corn maze. The maze is cut out of a corn field, with several paths that twist and turn and dead end, but there is only one path that leads you to the exit! This year we will be expanding the corn maze and it is expected to cover about 20 acres! There will be food and drink to purchase and available seating. Children will have fun playing on straw bales and a corn trough. Click here for map. 10766 Webster Road, Caledonia, MO 63631 Ph (573) 854-0382
13. Red Roof Farm is a small farm in Caledonia located right off of Webster Road, owned and family operated by Nathan, Nicky, Olivia, and Oliver Boyer. The Boyers are celebrating their 4th year in the pumpkin picking busines this fall. You will find a variety of gourds, pumpkins, cornstalks, and mums. In the future, look forward to apple and peach picking when their 250 + apple and peach orchard matures. On the day of the Farm Tour, take a hay ride tour of the pumpkin fields. Bring a picnic and relax in the pavilion. A small playground is available for children. Click here for Google map. 12414 Webster Road, Caledonia, MO 63631, Ph (573) 766-5243